My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Bringing on Fall


It is chilly out - 56 degrees to be exact. Fall is here! I love fall, actually I love the change of seasons - fall to winter, winter to spring, spring to summer and summer to fall. There is so much to love about each. I am grateful that I live where that happens.


I have gotten out my fall/halloween plates. I have an impressive collection of seasonal plates. My house has a beautiful plate rail in the kitchen that I have always used. But this year I am going for a more simple look and have left it empty. So, what to do with all those small plates - dessert size? Well we are using them. That is right. I looked at the back and they are all dishwasher and microwave safe. Duh, they are supposed to be eaten off of - not just looked at. I was needing to get rid of my melamine plates and the best part is these are real plates, not plastic. YEAH! One more way to not bring more plastic in. (How frugal and earthy crunchy is that!)


I have brought out the blankets, added the fall color pillows and put away the summer vases. We have pumpkins and gourds. I have stored the summer table cloths and brought out the fall ones.

I have put away my dh's work shorts and brought out the sweatshirts and heavy socks. I have put away my swimsuit and gotten out my sweaters. (and done the same for my kids)


We are starting to eat apples with a vengence - applesauce, apple cake, apple crisp, apple pie. YUM!


It is football, volleyball, band and crosscountry season. There is something to do and somewhere to go almost every day.
Oh, and I am starting to think about Christmas and Christmas gifts. Yes this is a fall tradition. At least in my head!
What do you do to bring on Fall?
This post was submitted to 11th Heaven's Homemaker Monday.

2 comments:

  1. We were greated with similar weather! Woke up and it was 50...Brrr!

    I love that you are using your seasonal plates as opposed to just looking at them!

    I wrote a post about letting go of our disposables you might enjoy reading. It's not specifically fall related, but I thought about it while reading your post.

    http://findingtrueserenity.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/the-disposable-choice/

    Happy Homemaker Monday!

    Jes
    http://findingtrueserenity.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/homemade-pineapple-zucchini-bread/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been decorating for fall too, even though our weather has been warmer, Indian Summer here. Autumn is my favorite time of year so we've been anxiously waiting for the pumpkins to finish growing in the garden. We've also been putting fall scents in the Scentsy warmer to make our house smell heavenly.

    ReplyDelete