My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pear Cobbler -Oh My!

I love pears. They are scrumptious! This pear cobbler is sure to become one of your favorite ways to serve fresh pears, I know it will be mine.



Pear Cobbler

2 cups sliced, fresh pears

2 cups sugar, divided

1 stick butter

3/4 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. salt

3/4 cup milk

1 egg



Mix pears with 1 cup sugar and let stand. Put stick of butter in a 2 quart casserole and place in a 325 degree oven until melted. Combine all dry ingredients, including the 2nd cup of sugar. Mix well. Beat egg and add to milk. Slowly combine with dry mixture to make a batter. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon pears on top of batter. Do not stir. Bake for 1 hour. Can serve hot or cold. Whipped Cream or ice cream is delish on top!



I have not messed with this recipe yet - but I think next time I would use a little less sugar.

This post was submitted to Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. And Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday. Go check out all the great recipes.

3 comments:

  1. Your pear recipe looks wonderful!!! So glad you could join us and link to TMTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I love all the apple and pear recipes today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have pears coming out of our ears! Can't wait to try this!

    Jes
    http://findingtrueserenity.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/homemade-pineapple-zucchini-bread/

    ReplyDelete