My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Monday, November 30, 2009

The flu bug hit hard

Starting yesterday about 1:00 pm one by one my family was hit with a nasty flu bug. There was lots of vomitting etc. In the end eight out of nine people were laid out - nasty let me tell you. I wish I could remember where I got this tip from but thought I would share in case you haven't heard of it.

To make a recepticle to receive vomit take a paper grocery bag and rip each corner down about 10" and roll down - keeps the bag open - then take a plastic bag and put inside. You can layer them to make it more leak proof. I ended up using kitchen bags because they are stronger. Then as it is used just take the plastic out and insert a new bag. Be sure to put a towel under the bag - that stuff splatters!

I know this is a gross post but I am so glad that I knew about it. In the past I just used the paper bag but it would not have taken the abuse we gave our bags yesterday.

If I stold this tip from you let me know and I will give credit where it is due!

Linked to 11th Heaven's Homemaker Monday and Make Do Mondays at My Practically Perfect Life

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family, having children I know vomiting very well, and now I keep a big plastic container near the kids when they are sick, just in case, you know, they cannot reach the bathroom in time.
    Obviously then you have to rinse it, but okay, we are mothers.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the stomach flu is so awful! I remember growing up with 5 siblings how bad it could be, as I was one of the oldest and got to 'help' my mom with the cleanup and taking care of the other sickies!

    I will definitely remember this tip when the flu gets around to our house. I only have 2 teens, but this is a wonderful tip for any age.

    Thanks for taking the time to link to Make-Do Mondays and share we us.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do hope you are all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tip, as gross as it may be. I was thinking...sometimes people get sick traveling, and you could easily stop at any grocery store and have supplies quickly and cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin,
    you are so right - this would work wonderfully in a car. Thanks for stopping and commenting!

    ReplyDelete