My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Alfredo Sauce - Super Simple and Delicious!

I happened upon a delicously simple recipe for Alfredo Sauce at The Sushi Snob - wonderful as it is but like many people do with recipes they find I changed it up a bit for my family.

My husband will eat anything I put in front of him but if I were just cooking for him he would never eat a spaghetti type noodle again, ever. He will eat, and kind of like penne or rigatoni or even ziti but that is it - and they cannot be over cooked - mushy just grosses him out. All this to say I didn't use fettucini noodle in my dish!

Alfredo Sauce - Super Easy
1 stick butter
1 small container whipping cream ( not the fake stuff, real whipping cream ;o)
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Optional but we really like it:
1 cup cut up orange pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
One and a half cup meat (turkey, chicken, shrimp - whatever!)

Melt butter, add whipping cream and stir to combine cooking over medium heat. Add cheese and spices stir to combine. That's it - seriously!

Now when I made this I chopped up some orange peppers I had in the freezer and saute'd them a bit in a little coconut oil, then added 1 clove minced garlic for a minute. To this I added about a cup and a half of cooked turkey - chicken or shrimp would be delicious too.

I added this to about  8 oz of cooked rigatoni - and didn't have near enough for the 8 people at the table. I will double this next time.  If you used g/f noodles this would obviously be gluten free - but you knew that right?!

My guess is it serves 4 perfectly!

I am linking this to Ekat's Kitchen's Friday Potluck

11 comments:

  1. If he doesn't want it, I'll have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Belinda you made me laugh! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can change it up to your liking and still have it be good.

    Thanks for linking to me. I feel so special now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - it really is good, and simple and I love love love that combo! I am glad to help you feel special!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, what's the story with Hubs and the noodles? Is it just too many years of kids and spaghetti, or is there a deeper back story, some childhood pasta drama?

    Hey, btw, I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pasta trauma (drama) for sure. I am sure it is NOTHING I have done to him - I think it is from his childhood - single mom, lots of stretched meals - but I could be wrong! LOL

    and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amazing. I am definitely going to try it out. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this interesting information. It is very useful and I am sure that a number of people will benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really, It is an amazing post....Thank you so much for this great sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete