My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I found it on Pinterest - BBQ Pork

So, just about everybody and there brother/sister is on Pinterest - it is the new social time suck! Sorry, Facebook I have a new love.

I have been pinning up a storm - lots and lots of great recipes to try. 
I thought I would actually make one of them instead of just pinning. 
And I am so glad I did. 
This is the easiest recipe ever. 
And delicious. 
I quote from my 14 year old son; "oh, my gosh Mom that is delicious - this is like perfect, I want this for my birthday dinner, WOW!"

The recipe is from The Happy Housewife. It has 3 ingredients - Pork, brown sugar and worchestershire sauce. That's it. Seriously. Now I had to make it a bit different because I didn't have enough worchestershire sauce. I am linking to the original and giving you what I did.

BBQ Pork
1 boneless pork roast
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup A-1 sauce

In a crock put the roast, then brown sugar then the liquids. Cook on high for 1 hour. Cook on low for 5 more hours. Shred and serve on buns.

I am linking this up to the Gallery of Favorites at Premeditated Leftovers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks wonderful and I love how you improvised when you didn't have enough of one of the ingredients.

    Whenever one of my kids especially like my recipes they also tell me they want me to make it again on their birthday. That is high praise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Alea - high praise indeed. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Saying they want it for their birthday really is absolutely the highest praise - and I really can see why your son said that! Your BBQ pork sounds so good - I love the flavours in your sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April - the flavors really went well together!

      Delete