My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Granola Bars - Crazy Awesome Delicious

Crazy Awesome Delicious Granola Bars.

um, I am just saying - these things are amazingly delicious. 
I make granola often but I think these are the best yet.
We like bars that you can take with you, and these stick together.
I have found the perfect combination of butter and honey and granola -ee goodness. 

Granola Bars

4.5 cups oatmeal toasted
1 cup self rising flour or 1 cup flour and 1 tsp baking soda
1 stick of butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups total of addins - chocolate chips and pb chips, raisins, craisins, dried fruit bits, shredded coconut - whatever you want
optionally you can add a bit of wheat germ and/or nuts. I also sometimes add about 3TBS baking cocoa.

Put your oatmeal on a large cookie sheet (with sides) and bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes stirring once halfway. Remove and let cool.
Meanwhile melt butter on stove in a small pan, add your honey and brown sugar stirring to combine. Just before you remove the pan add the vanilla and stir.

In a large bowl combine everything else. Then add in the butter/honey goodness and stir to completely combine. Put the granola in a large greased cake pan (9x13) pressing down hard. I cut an old plastic bag open and lay it on top to press on. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 18-22 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and cut into bars. Then let it completely cool before removing.

These are sooooo much better than anything you can buy - and full of yummy, healthy goodness.

I am submitting this to Life As Mom's Frugal Friday  and Erin @ EKat's Kitchen's Friday potluck.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I think a person's choice of granola add-ins tell volumes about their soul. Give me slivered almonds, coconut, and endless sesame seeds. What do you think that says?

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, Butter I think it means you are a little coconutty!!! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butter - I was signed into Tessa's account and didn't realize - so some random person didn't call you coconutty - just me! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This looks amazing! Super good and delicious! Thanks for linking up to Friday Potluck.

    ReplyDelete