My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Popsicles for When the Sun Waving! As in Heat Wave!


This is a repost of a wonderful summer post -especially needed now when we are in the middle of a heat wave.

One of my favorite things of summer is Popsicles. I love me some Popsicles. But with 8 Popsicle lovers in the house I have discovered some wonderful ways to make them cheaply and with a modicum of healthiness.


Freeze lemonade or fruit juice or Koolaid in ice cube trays or a Popsicle mold or small plastic cups to make yummy treats for your family.

You can freeze gelatin in ice cube trays and then use them as ice cubes in punch - it doesn't water down the drink.

You can mix one cup of fruit juice and one cup canned or fresh fruit in a blender. Put in a container and freeze. You can add sticks when it is about half way frozen, then continue to freeze.

Another yummy idea is to blend 1 sliced banana with one tsp vanilla, fruit chunks and one cup of plain yogurt. Pour into cups and freeze. Homemade frozen yogurt!

Watermelon treats are made with equal parts seedless watermelon, OJ, and water blended and then frozen in small cups.

Mashed bananas, a dash of milk, peanut butter, and chocolate sauce – mix smooth and freeze.
Finally, freeze grapes - individually - these taste almost like candy they are so delicious.


Use your imagination and the possibilities are endless.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Linked to Life As Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap -Cool Foods

4 comments:

  1. ...oh yeah! The kiddos gotta have their daily does of popsicles around here. I love it that the possibilities are endless...that way it never gets boring =) Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi, we so needed these today! Thanks for bringing the article back to the top of your list! I mentioned you in my Thoughts on Friday link love today to introduce you as a host for Two for Tuesdays Recipe Blog Hop! So glad to have you coming on board! :) have a great weekend! Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on The Cheap and Choosy and am now following. Check me out at bigdreamsforasimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! This takes me back. I'm so going to make these.

    ReplyDelete