What I like about this that is different than most BLT recipes I have seen is that the lettuce is added into the dip - not just a garnish or a bowl. (If you take the center out of your head of iceberg lettuce it makes a great edible dip bowl.)
12 slices bacon cooked and cooled (they used already cooked, not me)
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 large ripe tomato (for 1 cup chopped)
1/4 head iceberg lettuce (2 lightly packed cups) chopped little (I use whatever lettuce I have on hand)
2 green onions chopped - optional
- cook bacon and set aside to cool
- mix together sour cream, mayo, garlic and onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- coarsely crumble in bacon and stir well. Cover and put in fridge for at least 4 hours. (up to 24 hours)
- rinse, seed and finely chop tomato, sprinkling pieces over dip as you cut.
- sprinkle lettuce and onion over tomatoes. (this can be done up to an hour before serving - keep in fridge)
- stir in lettuce and tomatoes just before serving.
Linked to We Are That Family's Works for Me Wednesday .