My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mini Oven Puffed Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce



One of the reasons I started blogging recipes (actually the main reason) was so I could remember what I have cooked and what my family loves. 
You see I often try things or make up recipes that my family loves. 
Which is wonderful until my middle -aged "sometimers" kicks in and I can't remember how I made it or even that I had (see here where I forgot I made beef shank and blogged like it was new - embarrassing!). 
So, when I make a winner I like to put it here so I have it permanently and I don't have to go hunting through my bookmarks or bazillion recipe books or google a recipe or hope I can remember.
This way too I can send friends who request recipes here.
Let me tell you this is one recipe I don't want to forget!

Sara at Our Best Bites created the most delicious breakfast dish - mini oven puffed pancakes with berry sauce -these things are delicious. 
Not too sweet. 
Fun. 
Healthy-ish. 
Quick - I made these this morning and we had them made and eaten in about 30 minutes.

You need to go look at her beautiful pictures of this dish - really, go ahead and then please come back. 

Hello again!


Mini Oven Puffed Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce 
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk (I used raw whole milk)
2 pastured eggs
1/8 tsp salt - the good stuff
3 TBS butter melted
powdered sugar

Raspberry Sauce
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
2 TBS raspberry jam (ours is homemade - you must learn to can and make this it is UH-MAZING!)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put your mini muffin pans in the oven also to get them hot - this recipe makes 24.

Meanwhile in your blender dump the milk, flour, eggs and salt. Blend until smooth.
Remove HOT pan from oven and grease each little cup with melted butter. I use a pastry brush, works great. Fill each cup with pancake mix to 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes - until all puffy and lightly brown. Pop out and then spread some melted butter on top, drizzle raspberry sauce and dust with plenty of powdered sugar. 

To make raspberry sauce - in a small pan heat the raspberries and jelly, using a spoon to crush the berries. Taste and see if you need to add a bit of sugar.

Josh just ate his with maple syrup - also delicious.


I think these would be great topped with cinnamon and sugar instead of the raspberry sauce and powdered sugar. Or a quick chocolate sauce. The possibilities seem endless.

This recipe is certainly easy peasy lemon squeezy!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Christy, these lovely puffed pancakes sound like such a treat! It's wonderful that they are so quick too. Thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious...maybe tomorrow's breakfast?!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound absolutely divine! Definitely going to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, that's why I post recipes too! So funny! When we make salsa, we actually use my posted recipe! I have to do more of it, though.

    ReplyDelete