My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Winter Fruit Salad

What a boring name for a delicious salad.
Today I had to take a salad to my son's football banquet, you know how that goes
"Freshman bring desserts, Sophmores salads etc"
and I decided to make this yummy salad because:
a. it is yummy 
b. I had all the ingredients
c. it is super easy peasy lemon squeezy and
d. it is gluten free.
I wish I had a picture of it - but use your imaginations k?

Fabulously yummy super easy Winter Fruit Salad

2 cups cubed, unpeeled red apples
2 cups cubed, unpeeled pears
3/4 cup dried cranberries
2 bananas, sliced
1 TBS lemon juice
3/4 cup of toasted walnuts

Dressing
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 TBS honey
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel (use an organic lemon if you can)
1/8 tsp allspice

In a large bowl combine the apples, pears, cranberries and lemon juice.

In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients. Blend well and then add to the big bowl. Gently fold in the bananas and the walnuts.


Location
This was so good I will be making it for Thanksgiving instead of waldorf salad.

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Even though don't live in the Northeast anymore, apples mean fall. You do a great job combining them here with some other delicious complements

    ReplyDelete
  2. good Job! And congratulations. I think you picked a winner. Thanks for sharing your thought process and criteria – I know that’s a touchy subject!

    ReplyDelete