My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tiny Tip Tuesday - Leftover Avocado


I don't know about you but eating a whole avocado in one setting puts me over on my calorie intake for the day. Yummy, healthy but oh so caloric. I am also the only one in my house who likes avocados straight - as in sliced with a little salt and pepper, or in a homemade California roll. It seems that there is always about a half an avocado left and it just isn't appealing once it has turned colors. So what I do is put what is left in a plastic baggie with a squirt of lemon juice, then I mush it together and then roll it up into a log shape and freeze it.


It thaws wonderfully, and is the right size and amount to put into another California roll at a later date.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment