My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Homemade Popsicles

Today I am participating in Frugal Fridays at lifeasmom.com - you will want to pop on over and see all the other great tips!


One of my favorite things of summer is Popsicles. I love me some Popsicles. But with 8 Popsicle lovers in the house I have discovered some wonderful ways to make them cheaply and with a modicum of healthiness.



Freeze lemonade or fruit juice or Koolaid in ice cube trays or a Popsicle mold or small plastic cups to make yummy treats for your family.


You can freeze gelatin in ice cube trays and then use them as ice cubes in punch - it doesn't water down the drink.


You can mix one cup of fruit juice and one cup canned or fresh fruit in a blender. Put in a container and freeze. You can add sticks when it is about half way frozen, then continue to freeze.


Another yummy idea is to blend 1 sliced banana with one tsp vanilla, fruit chunks and one cup of plain yogurt. Pour into cups and freeze. Homemade frozen yogurt!



Watermelon treats are made with equal parts seedless watermelon, OJ, and water blended and then frozen in small cups.


Finally, freeze grapes - individually - these taste almost like candy they are so delicious.


Use your imagination and the possibilities are endless.


Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

1 comment:

  1. I think there are a lot of us who check out the FF posts *after* Friday is over. :>) Love the tips! I'm pretty sure my little one will be interested in popsicles this summer. Cheaper and healthier are always good.

    ReplyDelete