1. Christmas is right around the corner and I don't have a single present wrapped. Purchased oh, yeah, I have done some serious purchasing. But wrapping - not so much!
I found lots of youtube videos on wrapping presents -here is a good one.
2. 14 days until Christmas - and my true love already gave me my present. Well, really I went out, bought it and then decided I couldn't wait until Christmas for my Kitchen Aid Mixer - I have cookies to make and WOW does this speed up the process. (my sweetie did pay for it ;o)
(Isn't she beautiful???)
3. In his defense - I only bought him a hat and boot warmers. Gifts are definatly not his love language!
4. My daughter Katie's Basketball team won tonight - 68-24 and she got to play 2 whole quarters!!!! I am proud of her for sticking to the committment she made to the team. You see she only gets to go in when the team is ahead by 20 and this particular team rarely wins. She does an awful lot of bench warming. That is hard on a person. But she still goes to every practice, shoot around and game and cheers on the other girls.
5. I am finally over my addiction to Diet Coke - it has been at least a month since I have had one. I then started drinking regular, but have since given that up also. It has not been terribly hard. I began doing it as a sacrifice for a special intention and now it just sounds gross. Thank You Lord for that gift.
6. My Joe turns 12 on Sunday - St. Lucy's Feast Day. He is growing up to be a wonderful, caring and helpful young man and I am very proud to be his mother. "Happy Birthday Joe!"
7. I am the world's worst procrastinator - I have a retreat in the morning, a dinner party for 16 tomorrow night and Joe's Birthday party on Sunday and what am I doing????? Yep, playing on the internet.
Linked to Conversion Diary's 7 Quick Takes Friday