My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lentil Soup or "Shorabat Addas"

Lentil Soup or "Shorabat Addas"
(Or as my kids call it " Mush Soup")
This is a delicious gluten free, vegan soup that also meets my very allergic son's criteria.

2 cups Red Lentils
8 cups of water or broth of your choice or a combo (original calls for 2 bouillon cubes so be sure and have some real broth here for flavor)
1/2 tsp of cumin (I use more)
1/2 tsp tumeric or paprika (I used both)
1 large onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic minced
2 TBS EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
salt and pepper
juice of one lemon

Wash lentils. Add to broth and bring to a boil, cover for a half hour stirring occasionally. When lentils are tender, add dry spices and bullion to the pot. Saute onions and garlic in evoo, when golden brown, add to soup. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and add lemon juice to pot, stir. You can garnish with parsley and paprika. Serve with lemon wedges on the side. Serves 6-8.

Linked to Life as Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap: Beans and Lentils

Food Renegade's Fight Back Friday
Hey What's For Dinner Mom's Just Another Meatless Monday 
Christy @ Fudge Ripples Tuesday Night Supper Club

This is an old post from back in the day - you know, before I took a picture of every single thing I make. It isn't pretty to look at but it is yummy to eat!

7 comments:

  1. I have never cooked with lentils.
    What kind of life am I leading?
    :)
    Yes, my dad bought me a car, but I think he just did the down payment, and I did the monthly payments.
    I was not that spoiled! :) But a little spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,

    I am going to try making this soup. It really sounds delicious.

    Have a blessed week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE lentil soup..i love all soup..but lentil is a favorite. this recipe looks nice and simple..which is always a bonus. thanks for linking it up to TNSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy - I am a big soup fan too! Lentil is at the top of the list. I love participating in TNSC - it is a great carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to remember that the best Bitcoin exchange company is YoBit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On Bonus Bitcoin Faucet you can earn free satoshis. 300 to 5,000 satoshis every 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're trying to BUY bitcoins online, Paxful is the best source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of payment methods, such as MoneyGram, Western Union, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and even converting your gift cards for bitcoins.

    ReplyDelete