My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Beef Enchilada Lasagna

Tonight for dinner I combined two recipes - I took the sauce from my Amazing Chicken Enchiladas and layered it like Taco Enchilada Lasagna  but I used shredded beef from a pot roast I had cooked in the crockpot and had in the freezer to add to a meal. I loved it. My husband thought it was too spicy. My daughter's boyfriend added Louisiana hot sauce. Spice is so personal.

I think this is another winner - I will just tone down the spiciness (I didn't have a jalapeno so I added a TBS of homemade  fermented hot sauce - that is what put it over the edge I think).

I have no picture but it was sure tasty.

1. cook a pot roast in the crockpot till it falls apart. (put in roast, sprinkle some onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and pepper on top, then add water just to the top - you don't want the spices in the water. When done let cool a bit and then shred it with two forks or your fingers. I put it in small containers and froze.)

2. Make the Enchilada sauce.

3. Put a small amount of sauce in large pan.

4. Add a cup and a half of sauce to meat plus a small can of black olives diced. Heat.

5. Dip corn tortillas in sauce and put down a layer in your pan.

6. Put a layer of the meat sauce.

7. I forgot to tell you to shred some cheddar cheese - do that and spread some on top of the meat.

8. Add another layer of the sauced tortillas, meat and cheese.

9. Top with a final layer of sauced tortillas, any leftover sauce and cheese.

10. Heat in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.

11. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut and serve with sour cream and more hot sauce if needed.

Submitted to Ann Kroeker's Food on Friday and EKat's Kitchen's   Friday Potluck.

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I love enchiladas... thanks for bringing to Friday Potluck... I'm super hungry and these look great right now. :)

    ReplyDelete