I have a confession to make. I LOVE to eat out. Fast food, family restaurants, chains, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Mexican - it doesn't matter I love it. There is something so wonderful about being served.
Why should I refrain?
- First there is that unbelievably expensive drink that I so want with my meal. I mean, for heavens sakes I am "treating myself".
- Second is the price, we all know that I could make it myself for a whole lot less.
- Third is the calories. Somehow the food is 3 or 4x more fattening than what I can make at home. (Not always but usually)
- Fourth is the fact that I have to drive there. To be honest my favorite place to eat is 22 minutes away and I rarely have a reason to be on that side of town. So, waste of gas and environmentally it is a loser.
- Fifth, especially with Fast Food it is so unbelievably unhealthy - calories, bad fats, lack of any real nutrition. There is no redeeming quality for french fries. "Hi, my name is Christy and I am addicted to french fries".
Join me in my goal of eating out only rarely - instead of multiple times a week.