|Hearth and Soul Hop Link Love|
So, once again I was thrilled to visit all the wonderful link ups for the hearth and soul hop - seriously good stuff here people!!
I also realize that not everyone can visit them all so I am highlighting a few that stood out to me.
- My fellow blog hop hostesses are amazing women and really each week I would love to highlight their posts but I know I must restrain myself because I know you all know they are awesome! But this week I just have to talk about Girlichef's Roasted Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Garnish. Tomato soup and cheese toasties were a staple for me growing up, we had that for dinner almost every Friday (I am Catholic y'know). It is still one of my favorite easy meals. But her soup with the cute little cheese toastie garnishes takes this meal to a new level of deliciousness. This just happens to be her entry into the Project Food Blog Challenge #4, please go here to vote for her!
- Heather at My Everyday Graces shared with us a delicious recipe "Jamie Oliver's Crispy, Sticky Chicken Thighs with Smashed Potatoes and Tomatoes." I went out and bought organic free ranged chicken thighs last night so we can have them for dinner on Sunday - I cannot wait!
- I must be craving chicken because I also am in love with Sarah at Heartland Renaissance's Buttermilk Roast Chicken (from Nigella). It is crispy but you cook it in your oven - no need to fire up the grill which I love. It has a hint of sweetness but isn't too sweet.
- Matilda at Sick of Food had a kitchen disaster - she was trying to make a no knead sourdough bread and it just wouldn't turn out, 5 tries I think she said. But what I love is how she saved it and didn't just throw the mistake away or compost it, she turned it into delicious meat(less) bread balls that would be delicious if you meant to make the bread for them! Way to go Matilda!
- Jackie at Loving My Domestic Life was inspired by a Cajun Jambalaya Soup that she gets from Safeway - one of their Signature Soups to make her own Healthy Real Food version and I am sure hers is far more tasty! If you love jambalaya you are going to want to try this!
- Do you all remember my beer bread? No? Well that is OK but you have to try Fairybekk's of Cauldrons and Crockpots Buckwheat Bear Crepes. Seriously people, these are crisp and light and perfect for anytime! I love beer can be an ingredient in such a yummy dish!
- Tigerfish over at Tezcape took 2 crazy different ingredients - Naan and Roasted Cauliflower and made an Indian Style Pizza out of it. It is different but I believe her when she says it works because really, how can you go wrong with roasted cauliflower??
- And finally because I must stop somewhere or I would link them all - I love Return to Rural's Cauliflower Cheese Chowder she made it thick and creamy and fully of cheesy goodness. Perfect as she says for a cold winter night. I would like it on a cool Autumn night too!
Evidently my body wants cauliflower with the chicken! Do you listen to your body and feed it what it is calling out for? I am learning.