My Followers are the Greatest! I just love them!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Repost: Crockpot Spicy Potato Soup

Crockpot Spicy Potato Soup
Makes 6-8 Servings


1lb ground beef, or bulk sausage, browned. (I have used ground buffalo also, may try Quorn)
4 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
1 small onion, chopped
3 - 8oz. cans tomato sauce
Salt and pepper liberally (1-2tsp's each)
hot pepper sauce to your liking (1/2 to 1 tsp usually) or a roasted sweet chipotle sauce for a different flavor.

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Add enough water to just cover everything.
Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours, or high for 5 hours until potatoes are tender.

I sometimes throw in some sliced celery and carrots also. Depends on how much time I have to put it together and whether I have them both on hand.

I really like this simple, cheap, gluten free, milk free, beef free (if use alternatives) soy free and all around Ok for all our various dietary needs.

submitted to Life as Mom:Ultimate Recipe Swap:Soup's On! and Life as Mom:Ultimate Recipe Swap: Where's the Beef? (oops - didn't mean to do that! - almost a double post, sorry)

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment