All the measurements are guesses as I was using leftover rice. But you want the pudding to be oatmeal consistency. I am eating this now for breakfast.
Easy Rice Pudding
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used soaked, cooked sweet brown rice)
- 1.5 cups whole milk - I used half and half because I was out of whole milk
- Half a small can of real unsweetened coconut milk - this gives it a lovely coconut flavor and some good fat. The coconut flavor is sweet and so no additional sweetener is needed.
- A good shake of cinnamon (tsp maybe?)
- Half a cup of berries - I used blueberries but really any fruit will do
- Nuts - just a little bit for crunch and the healthiness they bring to the dish.
In a small sauce pan add the rice, both milks and stir and cook until smooth and warm, sprinkle with cinnamon. In a bowl put your berries, top with half the recipe stir and then add nuts if you like.
I suggest thawing your berries first - they cooled my pudding down a bit too much but it is still yummy-licious!
This recipe is Gluten Free, and if you used all coconut milk it would be milk free.
I am submitting this to Simply Sugar and Gluten Free's -Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
We Are That Family's - Works for Me Wednesday
Cheeseslave and Kelly the Kitchen Kop's Real Food Wednesday